The volatility surrounding gas prices and constant increase in the same is the reason why people are more focused on getting hold of cars with best gas mileage. The best way to actually save money nowadays is to avoid driving and use public transport while traveling. However, since that’s something that many would not like to do its better to focus on purchasing cars with best gas mileage so that you can extract more miles from a gallon of gas. This will make transportation more cost effective without pinching on your pocket. Below you will find a list of the most popular best gas mileage cars.
1. Toyota Prius with its four cylinder engine offers 134 hp and stands out as a fuel efficient car. This car can also provide an acceleration of 0 to 60 mph in a matter of 9.8 secs. It’s just a small sedan but offers comfortable seating for up to five people and is perfect for those who have to drive up to 100 miles a day to reach their work location. The Prius stands out among the list of cars with the best gas mileage and has great fan following in US.
2. Lexus CT 200h is another vehicle on our list of cars with best gas mileage. It also has a four cylinder engine with 134 hp and provides similar kind of acceleration like Prius. The best thing about this car is the fact that it offers a combination of great fuel efficiency and luxurious feel along with an astonishing gas mileage of 42 miles per gallon. The Honda Civic Hybrid with 110 hp, four cylinder engine also offers mileage of around 41 miles per gallon registering itself among the cars with best gas mileage.
3. Nissan Leaf is another of the cars with best mileage to watch out for in the current year. With time to charge of 30 minutes and 8 hours of full charge, this car offers 99 miles per gallon fuel equivalent. Moreover, it stands out as being environment friendly as the first all – electric car to hit the road in US. Though the price tag seems a bit high the car has lots of positives. The batteries have long warranties and the maintenance cost associated with the car is bare minimum. Since it’s an electric car there is no need to worry about regular oil changes as well.
4. Chevrolet Volt is another electric car with best gas mileage on our list. This car is a combination of 93 all electric miles per gallon equivalent and 37 miles per gallon on gas. The miles per charge for this fuel efficient car is 35 which is good enough to allow drivers to complete their daily routines without having to worry about recharging their car or wait for the gas engine to actually start working.
However, the best thing about this car is the fact that the gas engine is there and can be brought into operations as and when needed. This was an effort by General Motors to alleviate any kind of range anxiety that car owners may have by simply driving an electric car. This car has been named recently as the North American car of the year and also Car of the year by Motor Trend, Detroit Free press and the Automobile Magazine.
5. Lincoln MKZ Hybrid also makes its mark among the cars with best gas mileage with fuel efficiency of 39 miles per gallon. This midsized luxury sedan basically leads its class of cars in fuel efficiency.
6. Ford Fusion Hybrid which is the winner of the 2010 North American car of the year award is among the third of similar kinds of hybrid sedans launched by Ford. This car is supposed to be a good fuel efficient family vehicle with its lively, near silent ride and excellent synchronization system that uses voice commands for seamlessly integrating technology features starting from music to traffic alerts.
7. Volkswagen Golf TDI also features in the cars with best gas mileage as it offers fuel efficiency of 34 miles per gallon. However, being on a diesel engine this car is not as environmental friendly as the cars on gasoline engine. However, because of other positive aspects this car is considered a good buy.
8. Volkswagen Jetta TDI with a fuel efficiency of 34 miles per gallon is among the clean diesel cars available in the market. It also achieves impressive fuel efficiency with lower emissions as compared to other diesel engine based cars. This car is special for all those people who do a lot of highway driving.
9. Hyundai Elantra is a car that stands out in terms of value for money and fuel efficiency among other vehicles with best gas mileage. In case people would want both efficiency in terms of mileage that stands at 33 miles per gallon and value based on other features of the car then this is the one to look out for in the market. This car is a fine, gas conserving hybrid alternative that does not have a high price tag to pinch the pocket. It therefore stands out as a low cost fuel efficient car for everyday use.
10. Honda Civic Hybrid is the last (but not least) best gas mileage car on our list. The estimated 44 city/44 highway mpg is a result of implementing new weight-saving technologies, improved aerodynamics and engine modifications in the 2012 model.
When you think of purchasing a car and fuel efficiency is among your prime concerns then the cars with good gas mileage mentioned above are some of the better options that you can look at. The ideal combination would be fuel efficiency, value for money and host of other features to make driving on the road a very memorable affair. To make your choice easier, each of these cars with best gas mileage will be reviewed separately on our site.